VET STUDENT LOANS ENTRY PROCEDURE
All students wishing to apply for a Commonwealth VET Studen Loan must be assessed for academic suitability to undertake a high-level VET qualification. This is aimed at ensuring you have the skills and knowledge to succeed in your course.
Academic assessment is in addition to any other entry requirements for your course, or any other additional selection criteria. Refer to the VET Student Loans – Entry Procedure.
To be assessed as academically suitable, you must either:
• provide a copy of your senior secondary certificate of education (that has been awarded by an Australian authority or agency), or
• provide evidence of attainment of an Australian Qualification Framework qualification at certificate 4 or above, or
• undertake an approved literacy and numeracy assessment and be competent at Exit Level 3 or above in reading and numeracy. Your college will assist you through the process to undertake this assessment if required. There is no cost to you.
If you have completed previous studies, you could be eligible for reduced fees. You should let ACMUSE know as soon as possible if you have experience in the area you are studying and think you may qualify for RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning). You can also discuss this with your teacher before you enrol.
Completing a high-level qualification with The Makeup Technicians provides a credit pathway to university degrees with selected providers.
There are no age restrictions to apply for a VET Student Loan. For students who are under 18, your parent or guardian must co-sign your loan request.
When you apply online:
• you will need to print your parental consent form
• have your parent or guardian sign the parental consent application form.
• then take this to your college.
Your parent or guardian will not be responsible for making loan repayments and it will not affect their credit rating. You will begin making repayments once your income reaches the minimum payment threshold.