Our course content selection provides you with the knowledge, attitude and skills to work in the entertainment industry as a professional makeup & hair stylist/designer or with our advanced course competency units, further your skill set to work as a special effects artist/ designer. From day one you will develop a broad range of competencies, opening doors to the entertainment industry – from fashion and television to theatre or film! Even build your own bridal business, makeup artistry is a wonderful and ever growing international business and as a TMT graduate through our quality training and industry work placement program , you’ll gain extensive experience and valuable contacts to give you the confidence to make your way in the creative world of Makeup Artistry. Be a part of our ever growing Makeup Alumni, sharing work high lights and experiences from graduates to inspire and motivate current students.
We believe that gaining exposure to a wide range of styles and industries helps students find their niche. You will benefit from the guidance of your own personal tutor while learning about topics as diverse as High Fashion, Contemporary Bridal Makeup, and Special Effects and Prosthetics. You will receive your TMT Hair & Makeup Kit to put your new skills into practice.
Our comprehensive work experience program forms an integral part of the course. It gives you the opportunity to explore different industries and learn from Makeup Professionals who are all highly regarded in their fields. You will gain hands-on experience in your desired field, while building your network for future work. The success of this program is evidenced in the high number of TMT students who secure employment before finishing their studies.
The course also covers Business and Marketing, including résumé skills and how to promote yourself through social media – essential skills for any modern freelancer. To help build your portfolio and document your improvement, we will photograph your work every day. There are no prerequisites for this course – just a love of makeup!
Austudy Course Approved. DHS: 2P157
CRICOS Course Number: 03667M
Make-up/hair stylist/designer – students wishing to start studying for a career in professional makeup.
Diploma of Screen and Media in Specialist Makeup Services.
4 intakes per year:
- January and April – Mondays & Tuesdays, 9.30am to 5pm.
- July and October – Thursday and Fridays, 9.30am to 5pm.
- October – Mondays & Wednesday evening 6 – 9pm and 1 Saturday 10am – 4pm every 4 weeks (We require a minimum of 10 students to run the Part-time course).
No applicable entry requirements.
Completion of year 10, minimum age 16 years old (Domestic Students only)
IELTS score of 5.5 or higher, at least 18 years of age (International Students only)
- Make-up Artist
- Hair Stylist
- Make-up Designer
Makeup Kit Included?
Yes, a full makeup kit is included in the course cost. View makeup kit item list here.
Codes of Competency Attained
- CUAIND502 – Maintain and Apply Creative Arts Industry Knowledge
- CUAPPR505 – Establish and Maintain Safe Creative Practice
- BSBCRT501 – Originate and Develop Concepts
- CUAMUP401 – Design, Apply and remove Makeup
- CUAMUP402 – Maintain makeup and Hair continuity
- CUAMUP403 – Style Hair for Performances or productions
- CUAMUP404 – Style Wigs and Hairpieces for performances or productions
- CUAMUP502 – Design and Apply specialised makeup
- CUAMUP503 – Design and apply special effects makeup
- BSBDES402 – Interpret and respond to design brief
- BSBCMM401 – Make a presentation
- BSBCRT402 – Collaborate in a creative process
- BSBDES501 – Implement Design Solutions
- BSBPMG522 – Undertake Project work
- BSBREL401 – Establish Networks