AUSTUDY Course Approved.
CRICOS COURSE NUMBER: 03367M
Special Makeup Effects Artists/Designer – Passionate person wishing to develop their skills further, to gain as much information as possible, leap frogging them to bigger and better jobs, with this added skill set.
What You’ll Learn
- Planning, marketing & developing your makeup business.
- Advanced SPFX using full face casting for film prosthetics, exploring the history and social impact of Period, Century Makeup & Hair for Film, Theatre and Runway’s latest trend Fashion looks.
- Design, measure for creation of Facial Hair pieces ready for application on film and theatre productions.
- Perfecting Airbrushing skills for beauty, bridal, learning the art of the paint job on your prosthetic piece prior to application.
- Advanced Body art, creating appliances to complete your makeup looks.
- Cementing the knowledge already acquired from your first 12 months of training, this really does depend on the area of expertise you want to specialise in and work towards, but to really hone in and perfect the many varied skills a makeup artist can possess / from a professional artist’s point of view! This is a must to follow on with.
Skills Set, Certificate of Attainment to build onto the Diploma of Screen and Media (in Specialist Makeup Services).
27 April 2018
Fridays and Saturdays – 10am to 4pm
With credit transfer from Year One
This course is an add on to the Diploma of Screen and Media (in Specialist Makeup Services). Candidates may enter the qualification with CERT IV in Makeup, or CUA51015 Diploma of Screen and Media (in Specialist Makeup Services).
Make-up / Hair Stylist / Designer
Special Make-up Effects Artist / Designer
What to Bring?
Students will need to bring their makeup kit.
Makeup Kit Included?
Kit not included, students would use their kit from the diploma, for the Advanced Skill Set. All products are supplied for prosthetics and airbrushing, or airbrush kit can be purchased. consisting of air compressor, air gun set of foundations and set of eyeshadow colours.
Codes of Competency Attained
SHBHDES008 – Make wigs and Hairpieces
SHBHDES005 – Select and apply hair extensions
BSBHRM405 – A Support the Recruitment, Selection and induction of staff
CUAMUP504 – Create Prosthetics for Special makeup effects
BSBOHS505B – Manage hazards in the work environment
BSBCRT403 – Explore the history and social impact of creativity
BSBFIM501 – Manage budgets and financial plans
BSBPMG518 – A Manage project procurement
You will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment upon completion for the above units.